For many years, homeowners simply wanted good windows in their home. After all, the purpose of the window was to keep the elements of nature out while allowing natural lighting in. However, as time has gone by and consumers and window manufacturers have learned more, window replacement has become more common as people have gotten a better understanding of how having the right panes of glass for a space can make a difference.
But are there other advantages to window replacement? After all, can replacing the windows in your home really make a difference? It just might surprise you as to how much of a difference can be made. Consider the following advantages of window replacement:
- For lower HVAC costs, a simple approach is window replacement. In fact, by choosing better windows you could even opt for a smaller HVAC system! In fact, the savings can be as much as 25% every month of the year!
- Newer windows have a special coating on them that reflects various solar waves, making your rooms more comfortable and your AC system not work as hard. When combined with double or triple pane glass and argon or krypton gas, having a window replacement can make a huge difference in your home’s comfort level.
- New windows will improve the value of your home – in many cases by as much as 78%. In fact, were you to replace the windows one day and sell the house the day later, you would recoup nearly your entire investment.
- New windows can lower your insurance costs and can even make your home more secure and less of a target for thieves.
- Opting for window replacement means that you are not only minimizing the amount of UV rays that enter your home, but in doing so you are protecting the fabric on furniture, and UV exposure on walls and flooring.
- New windows mean a quieter home.
- Newer windows require significantly less maintenance than older ones! Today’s windows offer a plethora of features such as easy clean, easy open options that make keeping your view of the outside unobstructed. When combined with great features like between the glass blinds, shades of grilles you can even minimize inside housework, too!
If you are now convinced that the way to make your home more energy efficient and practical is to install new windows then be sure to talk to a window expert in your area. In no time at all, you will be saving money and enjoying better comfort.